Indeed

Things that seemed important enough at the time

Friday, October 22, 2004

Bloglines vs. NetNewsWire

I've blogged about this before, but things have changed a bit since then. Bloglines has gained a bunch of new features (like blogrolls, linkblogs, etc), but I haven't really used any of those. I still like using bloglines because it keeps everything in the browser - there's no switching between apps.

The other key feature for me is keeping all of my machines in sync. I find it hard to believe that I ever lived without .Mac syncing for all of my machines, and I don't want to have the same problem with web feeds. But since bloglines introduced their web services and NetNewsWire announced support for it, this feature will soon be possible in a desktop app. I'm really excited about it, and I can't wait to give it a try (it's not in the current betas).

Here are some of the other "good things" for each of the services, but they aren't important enough to me to get their own individual paragraphs:

Bloglines
  • it shows the number of people subscribed to a feed, which I always find interesting
  • being able to view things from anywhere, on any type of machine or browser, is pretty cool (though I haven't done it on any machine other than my own... it's the principle!)


NetNewsWire
  • the non-web interface allows me to do multiple things at once, like reading an entry while changing the info for a feed
  • it's a cool little app, and I love little Cocoa apps :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google