Indeed

Things that seemed important enough at the time

Sunday, October 10, 2004

TOB

That's "Tournament of Bands", not to be confused with "Tower of Power". The Cupertino marching band competition was this past Saturday, and I'm happy to report that we (Fremont HS) won our division. It was the first time we had marched and played our whole show (except for another drill set or two at the end), and the kids played really well. I'm really proud of the percussionists, since (as I mentioned before) they just started looking at the last song this week.

Our show still has a long way to go - the guard doesn't have all of their work that they will eventually have, the drums have various things to work on, which should keep us busy for quite a while. It's a better place to be than if we had everything fixed and didn't know what else to do - but as many times as I've heard that said, I can't say I've ever been in a group with that problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google