Indeed

Things that seemed important enough at the time

Thursday, September 30, 2004

¡Foiled por TiVo!

The other night I set up the TiVo to tape the first presidential debate, but not knowing the time or the channel, I tried using a wishlist with the word 'debate'. It returned a couple of results - way fewer than I expected, but I couldn't tell much of a difference from the descriptions, so I just picked one. It should be noted that this point that TiVo doesn't really tell you much about the channel, it just shows an icon (which I didn't recognize).

I came back tonight to check that the recording was ok, and surprise surprise, it's.... in Spanish!?! Son of a...

I'm recording another showing, but I've missed the first half hour or so. Hopefully they'll have more on at some point... at least I have the other debates programmed in so I shouldn't have this problem again.

Update - I grabbed another full copy from even later that night. Thanks for the other suggestions though :)

3 Comments:

  • At 8:16 AM, October 01, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In case you are interested, I think the audio for the whole debate is posted on the NPR website.

    -Tina

     
  • At 10:06 PM, October 01, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Also, Tom and I have it TiVo'ed. If Tom has time, he's going to rip it for Carol on DVD, so if he's already ripped it, he can make you a DVD too if you want.

     
  • At 10:31 PM, October 02, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    iTunes is your friend: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=25601664

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google