Indeed

Things that seemed important enough at the time

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

My del.icio.us links

I recently added a link to my del.icio.us links to the sidebar, but you probably haven't noticed unless you have _way_ too much time on your hands. del.icio.us, aside from being really tedious to type, is a social bookmark manager - where you post and categorize links online for you and others to see. It keeps track of them by keyword, allows you to see other people that have linked to the same thing, and probably has many other features that I don't know about and/or haven't really used yet.

It's really a perfect service for me, since I have been dragging URLs to my desktop for years, and I have a huge folder on each of my machines with lots of links that I have no idea what they are about anymore. I always figured I was saving them so I could find things later, but the mangled web page names make it really difficult to find anything, so the folder sits idle. (I also considered writing an app to parse the 'internet location files', but then I think I saw something shiny off in the distance...)

I wouldn't have even looked at del.icio.us if not for Buzz and his Cocoal.icio.us client for Mac OS X. He was the first to explain the service to me and help me realize that it was exactly what I wanted. Kudos to Buzz - it's a really great app!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google