Indeed

Things that seemed important enough at the time

Friday, October 22, 2004

Blogger feeds and NetNewsWire

I was stumped for a while the other day - Daisie pointed out that my blogger blog wasn't working in NetNewsWire. I spent a while tracking it down, and since the answer was a little hard to find, I'm posting it here:

Blogger.com feeds don't work with NetNewsWire 1.0.8 - you need to get a more recent version of NNW (such as 2.0b6 - posted today).

It seems pretty simple, but it actually took a while to find. Unfortunately NNW allows you to add the atom feeds that blogger creates, but once they are in your subscriptions list they don't behave correctly. The NNW 1.0.8 documentation doesn't mention anything about atom feeds - you have to find mention of it in the docs for the 2.0 betas or in old mailing list archives.

Hopefully this will save someone else the 20 minutes it took me to track it down :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google