Indeed

Things that seemed important enough at the time

Sunday, June 19, 2005

6 songs

from catching the blog virus from Daisie - here's some of the music I've been listening to of late:

Shostakovich - 5th symphony - (3) Allegro non troppo

this is our fall show for marching band this year, by my favorite composer.

Basement Jaxx - Rooty - Romeo

I've been listening to more Basement Jaxx lately - Rooty and Remedy are pretty good, I'm not so wild about Kish Kash...

Charles Ives - Country Band March

our music from this past winter season. One of the strangest "standard" pieces of music I've ever seen - it was fun and challenging to work on for the season.

Fatboy Slim - Wonderful Night

I had to grab this after hearing it a million times in the background at NAB. Good stuff.

Freezepop - Science Genius Girl

Lisa and I played a little bit of Amplitude this weekend, and I remembered how much I like the songs from it and Frequency. The Freezepop songs they have in the games work really well, but I'm not as impressed when looking at their stuff elsewhere. The freezepop website has mp3's and videos that actually make me a little less impressed with them... but still, this song is cool :)

Beck - Guero - E-Pro

A great album with lots of great songs.

And of course you can find all of these on Amazon, but you don't get the fancy iTunes previews...


Update: I forgot to spread the virus :) Let's hear from the old college crew: Scott, Matt, Wade, Will, and Travis

1 Comments:

  • At 9:27 AM, August 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Try "Oh My Gosh" by Basement Jaxx - it's the new single off their latest, and I think it's more like Rooty than Kish Kash.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google