Indeed

Things that seemed important enough at the time

Friday, May 13, 2005

Back from vacation

Lisa and I are back from the East coast - our quick trip out to New York and Boston. It was the first time I had spent much time in either city - I think I had a free night in each of them during drum corps, but a couple of hours doesn't really give you much time to explore (though it did give the strangest feeling of déjà vu in downtown Boston).

We borrowed Lisa's sister's pocket-size NFT book (Not For Tourists) to help us get around New York, which was so helpful that we grabbed one for Boston as well. They are really useful little books with maps of each little suburb, showing you not only the usual street maps, but also useful things like restaurants, ATMs, and Dunkin Donuts in Boston. Definitely worthwhile if the city you're visiting has one.

And I got back just in time to switch buildings at work... after a week, I still have boxes of junk to unpack :)

2 Comments:

  • At 3:28 PM, May 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like a great trip! I'll have to check out those guide books. The names sounds vaguely familiar...think I might have walked passed them before!

    So is Trav staying in Boston another year?

    I head to Chicago tomorrow until Fri!

     
  • At 10:15 PM, May 16, 2005, Blogger cflake said…

    Yeah, he'll be there for a few more years. You should pester him to blog about it - I've been unsuccessful so far :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google