Indeed

Things that seemed important enough at the time

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Voting

OK, this is my one post about voting... hopefully. Enough things have happened recently that I feel it's worth a post.

I've been pretty interested in the election this year, but unfortunately I waited pretty late to get my voting registration transferred to my new address. I finally looked online to try and get it changed last month, and was disappointed with the "online process". All it really did was take your standard information and put it into a pdf that you could either print and mail, or that they would mail to you. Not quite the easy and quick solution I've come to expect from the internet :) I finally got my notice this week that my registration got changed, and it turns out that my voting place is in someone's house a block away - it's pretty cool that I'm going to walk down the street to vote :)

We finally watched the SouthPark election episode this weekend, and it was ok. It seemed a little less focused than some of their better episodes. If this election is any indication, we have a whole bunch of politically motivated shows and movies to "look forward to" every four years... meh.

My parents sent me a forward of some information about how much Kerry has cut spending and would be a worse leader, which just got me angry. I hate forwards, and I'm disappointed that my parents feel the need to try and change my mind (and maybe think that they can change my mind) about my political beliefs.

OK, I'm done venting... don't forget to vote :)

1 Comments:

  • At 9:26 PM, November 07, 2004, Blogger - said…

    Yeah, what up with Iowa going to Bush...I thought they were a bit more sophisticated and could read through his double-speak and fear mongering. Sigh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google