Indeed

Things that seemed important enough at the time

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Rashomon - what other movies have multiple points of view?

We just got done watching Rashomon, which I didn't like as well as other Kurosawa films, but was still interesting. It was one of the earliest films to tell multiple points of view for a specific event (the DVD says it's the first, but Google claims otherwise). I think there have to be lots of more recent films that do this, but I can't think of many. Leave a comment and add more!

-Clue
-The Usual Suspects (sort of)
-Hero

4 Comments:

  • At 1:01 AM, June 20, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0291579/

     
  • At 12:25 AM, June 21, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The anonymous post is right. That is a really good film.

    Is this the Japanese film with 4 point of views about a murder?

    Travis

     
  • At 9:57 AM, June 21, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's been a while since I've seen it, but doesn't JFK show multiple points of view? I've only seen part of it, but One Night at McCool's seems to have multipe POVs too. I suppose you could also mention multiple, overlapping storyline movies like Pulp Fiction, 2 Days in the Valley, Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels, Snatch and to a lesser extent, Love Actually.

    They aren't movies, but there's that episode of King of the Hill where they burnt down the fire station and that episode of Seinfeld with Keith Hernandez (sp?)where they ripp off JFK (the magic loogie).

    - Scott

    End comment.

     
  • At 10:50 AM, June 21, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What about Four Rooms? Its been a long time since I have seen that one but I thought it was about different views on something. I guess it could have been the X I was on at the time..

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113101/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google