Indeed

Things that seemed important enough at the time

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Saving humanity by clicking really fast

I just got done with my first evening of playing Halo. 7pm to 12:30am - it was a good run. After playing multiplayer (and getting my head handed to me) for the first 5 hours, I played the single player campaign for a little while. I quit that pretty quickly and left feeling kinda depressed.

I think there's two reasons for it - first, my girlfriend doesn't get home until tomorrow, and I miss her. Not much explanation needed there. Second, I don't think my mind likes the idea that I'm the one person who can save the world (in the video game). I had the same sort of thing happen when I played Enter the Matrix - I got really tense and swore at the game a lot when things went wrong. For some reason the whole "humanity enslaved/on the run/in some other trouble" genre really seems to get my emotions going.

Maybe I should just stick to games like Frequency and Amplitude, which just remind me that I want to be a rock star.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google