Indeed

Things that seemed important enough at the time

Tuesday, December 30, 2003

My 2003

For anyone who didn't get my "I haven't seen you in a year" recap in the past couple of weeks:

As 2003 started I was working on secret stuff that was still pretty new to me. I was working with winter percussion for the first few months of the year as well, but most of my time was at work.

In April I finally got to use my snowboarding season pass on the last weekend of the season. Soundtrack was also announced, which then shipped with Final Cut Pro 4 in June. We got announced as a separate product at MWNY, and that shipped in August.

Lisa and I headed off to our first vacation in a long time, and spent a good week in Catalina. If you're thinking about a trip there, I wouldn't spend any more than 3-4 days, because it's pretty small.

Sometime over the summer I found out that I would be the percussion section caption head for the fall season, so I slowly started working on the music. I'd never written a full percussion book before - some things were easier than I thought, some were harder, but in general it just took a lot of time.

My parents came out for their annual visit, and we realized that we're running out of touristy things to do. We ended up looking at a lot of flowers, which was better than antiques at least.

I went back home for our homecoming game at ISU - well, I went back to see people, and the game was the excuse.

It seemed like the year to take off on vacations, so Lisa and I joined my parents and other relatives in Las Vegas for Thanksgiving.

And for the last 10 days of 2003 I came back to Iowa to visit parents, friends, and relatives. It has also allowed me to end the year the same way I began it - with a cold :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google