Indeed

Things that seemed important enough at the time

Monday, February 25, 2008

Tom Dowdy

When browsing through some of my blog links the other day, I ran across a post that said Tom Dowdy passed away recently. I didn't really know Tom, so I'll point you to better descriptions than I can give:


Tom was one of the first people I ever met at WWDC. Travis and I came out with student scholarships back in 1998 when the program started. There were tons of great sessions and experiences during the week, but the student sessions really stood out. Tom was there talking about Apple, SimpleText, and other things I can't remember anymore. It was pretty easy to spot the really tall guy with long hair during the rest of the conference, and he was always happy to stop and have a conversation. His enthusiasm helped create one of the most inspirational weeks of my life.

I don't think I ever spoke to Tom since then (our paths never directly crossed), but I'm saddened to hear the news. If anyone else has other experiences, please post them or link to them from the comments.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google