Indeed

Things that seemed important enough at the time

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Leopard Dock/Finder tip

There's a cool thing that I discovered you can do in Leopard:


  1. start out without any Finder windows open

  2. drag an item from the desktop onto the dock icon for the Finder (don't let go!)

  3. press space - and a new Finder window appears!

  4. you can then drag the file to the desired location as you normally would



(it's possible that this worked on Tiger, but I don't have an easy way to check)

2 Comments:

  • At 6:08 AM, November 10, 2007, Blogger clickie said…

    It does not happen in Tiger. I am sad that my 12" PB is obsoleted :(

     
  • At 11:22 PM, November 12, 2007, Blogger cflake said…

    Lisa noticed that pressing space when dragging on a dock icon makes a new window for most apps - Safari, TextEdit, etc.

    I'm not sure when I would use that, but it is good to know.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google