Indeed

Things that seemed important enough at the time

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Back to work

We're back from our trip to Iowa, and we had a good time. We got to see thunderstorms, which would have made the trip worthwhile by itself, but there were plenty of other things as well. We had a good time with all of the people we saw up in Ames, Des Moines, and other areas; Lisa got to see the old house and we ate lots of my mom's good cooking.

On the flights out and back I read up on AppleScript - something I've been meaning to do for years. A lot of the stuff is probably overkill for the scripts I want to do, but MAN - that language is... um, different. The whole issue of local versus global variables (explicit and implicit), properties, handlers, ... it is a very different beast than what I'm used to. I'm tempted to say that it's confusing and doesn't make any sense, but I'm sure I said the same thing about Cocoa back when I started using it... :)

You wouldn't think that the two hour time shift would be that big of a deal, but we are still recovering from it. I'm back at work in some classes for the next few days, so you may not see me online too much. Also, I think I might have injured myself playing ultimate, because a couple of my ribs hurt when I sneeze. FYI.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google