Indeed

Things that seemed important enough at the time

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Urban Dictionary

It's a site I stumbled across last night when I was looking up the definition for a phrase I heard from the Daily Show on Google. I thought I knew what it meant, but I wasn't sure. Unfortunately the definition had in my head meant that I didn't want to get links to really really nasty content - what to do? (You'll also note that I'm not putting the word/phrase here, because I don't need to show up in any searches on the subject)

Well, I searched for and "meaning", which got me to the Urban Dictionary, and I spent the next half hour reading through it. It's a site where people submit definitions for a word, and others vote on it. Kind of like the rankings for Amazon, except that you (well, someone) submit(s) the actual content. And it's very funny/informative. Here are a few good ones:

omgwtfbbq
urbandictionary.com (defined: the entry with the conversation between bobby and his father is great)
metric shitload
...and many more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google