Indeed

Things that seemed important enough at the time

Thursday, April 22, 2004

Email news

I'm not a very effective person when it comes to email. A couple of weeks ago I noticed I had 3,300 messages in my work inbox (which is my usual filing place), and I started getting the standard "you are over quota" nag emails. It's not that I don't use folders - I do. I have a couple dozen of them for my work account, and just over a dozen for my .mac account. It gets bad during vacations and other times away from work, where the usual task of going through the recent emails becomes more difficult, and once that starts to build up it can be a difficult thing to stop.

So today I'm happy to report that I have 2 emails in my inbox! I started trying to remove 100 per day a while back, which worked pretty well. Once the number got below 500 (earlier today) I figured I should just go all the way.

As I was logging on to Blogger to write this up, I got a message saying I could sign up for GMail. I had read that other people had gotten it via Blogger, but I figured it wouldn't appear for me since I use Safari, which GMail doesn't support. Anyway, the link did appear, so I clicked on it and got a message that said something like "Your browser is not supported". Nice... launched IE, tried again. "Your browser is not supported". OK, after this I actually looked at the browser requirements - yup, Mac IE isn't supported. So I clicked on one of the links to download Firefox, and got it all working.

It shouldn't be too hard for people to guess my new email, since I got what I wanted. :)
And now I have another place to inefficiently store email - yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google