Indeed

Things that seemed important enough at the time

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Camera time

I went out and picked up a video camera the other day - something I had been researching for a while. I was able to get all of the features I wanted in a low-end camera, so I spent less than I expected (which almost never happens with electronic equipment). Of course I forgot all about a camera bag, so I need to do a bit more shopping.

This is all so I can start recording more drum stuff - mostly practices and performances of the kids I teach so they can see what they are doing. I also want to record my own practice time so I can look at my technique and try to improve. And of course I can use this to record drum corps lines in the summer, which I've wanted to do for as long as I can remember.

One of the cool things I discovered in my quest - most cameras now have a "analog-to-digital passthru" feature, which allows you to take an analog input (VCR, Hi8, etc) and pass it into the computer as a DV source. This will be a great solution for all of my old drumline videos.

But the real time-sink is still to come - learning iMovie/FCE/FCP (whichever I end up using), and then actually working with footage. As I've found out with any piece of audio I've worked on, I tend to spend way to much time polishing things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google