Indeed

Things that seemed important enough at the time

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Web access to .mac files

Since I'm always forgetting how to find them, I'll post it here (and maybe others will find it useful as well).

I know this works for the 'Pictures' directory, but I haven't had much luck with others...

You can get access to the original files on your .mac account by specifying the path that it is found in your iDisk. For example, to get to my profile photo which is located at iDisk/Pictures/DCS02656s.jpg, I use the url:


http://homepage.mac.com/cflake/.Pictures/DSC02656s.jpg


which is:
  • my mac.com address with trailing slash
  • a period (important!)
  • and the remaining path to the item
I found this years ago back when I posted photo albums, and I've used it quite a few times since.

These days I mostly post to my flickr account, since I really only take photos from my camera anymore (and not even many of those). Speaking of, anyone else have flickr accounts that I don't know about? I need a good excuse to play around with the flickr graph...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google