Indeed

Things that seemed important enough at the time

Thursday, May 11, 2006

So much spam

Sometime back in January I got tired of manually filtering all of my mac.com spam messages and I turned on Mail's auto filtering. The number of messages keeps climbing though, and it looks like I've got 325 for the past month. An unfortunate side effect is that I no longer take the time to report these spams back to mac.com, so I'm not really helping the "greater good". If anyone has a script that automates forwarding a junk email to the spam address, let me know... I suppose I could file a bug/feature request too...

Of course the mac.com number that isn't even close to the 679 from my main gmail account in less than a month. That's what I get for listing it on the web, I guess.

Strangely enough, the gmail address on my VDLMidi page doesn't have any spam...

My numbers are small compared to people that own servers, but it's still a hassle. And don't even get me started on all the crap I get in the mail... I need to call the number from an entry that Travis did... of course the link won't work unless you're one of his friends. The rest of you get to suffer with all your extra credit card offers.

It pays to know Travis.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:44 PM, May 11, 2006, Blogger cflake said…

    I gotta say, it creeps me out when a phone number that I don't know much about asks for my social security number.... Travis, where did you get this number again?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google