Indeed

Things that seemed important enough at the time

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Winter Percussion line is set

As of late Tuesday we made the final decisions for our winter percussion group members: 3 snares, 2 tenors, 5 basses, 4 cymbals, and 10 pit. It's a really good group of kids, and it should be a good year for us.

We're playing "Country Band March" as our main tune, which is an amazing piece. I wish I could have played it in a group at some point :) I need to be writing the music for it, but so far I've been procrastinating. Part of the reason was to see what the players would be able to handle, which is why we spent December doing auditions for the kids, and the other part is that I've been playing too many video games :)

We rented the Incredibles game for PS2 the other week, which was pretty fun. It's the first 'action' game I've played for a while - Lisa and I play a fair amount of Frequency and Amplitude, but they are very different from a standard action game. I bought it for our computers, but we haven't played yet because.... we're playing a lot of Katamari Damacy, a very cool, addictive, fun, (and very Japanese) game that we're borrowing from Justin. In the game you control a ball where things you roll over stick to it, and you try to increase the size of the ball as fast as you can, or grab certain types of objects. It has what I call "tank style" controls, where you use the analog buttons to move - pushing both forward moves you forward, one forward and one back rotates, etc. The controls work decently well once you get used to it. It may sound pretty weird, but I haven't met a person yet that has played the game and didn't like it. Check it out if you get a chance.

Ok, back to thinking about percussion music...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google